Tuesday, October 19, 2004

CONFUSION ETC.

I usually enjoy Richard North Patterson's books, but I'm having trouble with his latest. His hero is an in office Democratic president whose first name is Kerry. Being that I so detest the candidate whose last name is Kerry, we already have a problem. Add to that the plot-second amendment gun issues, and a greedy (to say the least) establishment, and giving the Democrats characteristics that are really Republican, you get a very odd book. His Kerry is much more like Bush that that candidate with the last name of Kerry, I'm just glad I sent my ballot already. Reading that book leaves me dizzy.
I went to the bank and saw Tikva, who dragged Mordy into the whole thing. Why do banks always refuse to approve any solution favorable to the customer, and only let you have enough to stay in trouble forever. Ok, so they want to keep the customer enslaved at any cost, and will not let them get out from under. I guess I should be happy that I'm out of the high interest rate now. Thank G-d I had the good sense to start that savings account. With any luck at all, by the end of January I should be able to get in the black once and for all. It would also help if STL pays only part of what he owes. I would also dearly love to see winter arrive. That will knock my electric bill way down. I would also like 2 months of no a/c at all!

No comments: