Tuesday, October 19, 2004

HOUSES, AGAS AND BAD TASTE IN MOVIES

Houses have always fascinated me. The older the better. I adore the chimney pots in England and regret that they are not part of the American skyline, never mind here. It is so much fun to see all the oldish brick houses with bay windows in Teadrinkerland and I go wild over Beeb Prime's house shows. Agas also get me going. I finally loaded the picture of the S Aga box on the rooftop not far Gimp House and just posted it here. I'll have to do some sleuthing to find out what it's all about. I can't imagine a real Aga here unless Channa Mann has one, and she doesn't live anywhere near here. I'm still trying to figure out how to fit a French Provincial grand piano (the one I saw at Cfar Blum) and an Aga in here. There must be a way to get them in a 62 sq. mm flat, right? I dream that Lawrence Llewellyn will wander in one day and figure it out for me. Fat chance......
After watching Black Dog with Patrick Swayze again, I have come to the inescapable conclusion that I have terrible taste in movies. I'm going tomorrow to see if I can find Smokey and the bandit on DVD. I must be in a trucker mood. I love trucks and driving. I also decided that I like Country and Western more than I thought. It's kind of depressing, but as long as I'm alone and the dogs don't complain, who cares?

No comments: