Friday, October 22, 2004

JUST MY LUCK

Yeah, ok, so I decided many long years ago the living alone is the only way for me, and looks alone have never been the be all and end all. I know, after an 8 year lesson that I can not have any kind of a relationship with someone I do not think is more intelligent, and who can't keep me on my toes. I get bored too easily. It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that *I* have to know that 'whoever' has to make me feel like I'm working to keep up. Mark did that and our smartest move was to make a conscious decision to be business partners, not lovers. No wonder so many people thought we were a couple! There are times I regret it, but not when I think of what I would have gone though when he ate his gun. It was bad enough the way things were.
What brought this up today? I'm almost embarrassed to write about it, but here goes. I saw the most handsome man today. Perfect....tall...fit...straight shoulders, great hair, well dressed. Obviously not local. I almost crashed Harley while craning to get a better look. Being me, I didn't have the nerve to make the hard right turn and tail him into the shopping center. And if I had, what then? So, I'm a headcase. What's new?
After that, I went to the butcher for some chicken only to be blocked by some ditzy blond who parked on the ramp. I waited until she appeared. She asked if her car was blocking me. I was a bit sarcastic, and can only hope she won't do it again. While I was waiting for her, a guy came over and asked to look at the sticker on Harley. He wanted one for his father in law-a brit who just got a scooter. I told him I got mine at the 2001 demonstration in Jerusalem.......it was a nice chat, and he complimented me on my last TV appearance.
It's going to be a long night tonight. 3 episodes of Dark Angel, the show I discovered last week. T.G.I.F. and I can sleep in tomorrow, of course that will get me firmly back on Standard Night Owl Time. I guess I dream about the guy I saw. Where does it say I have to consistent or even realistic?

No comments: