Thursday, March 24, 2005

YES TEADRINKER THERE IS A GODDESS OF COMMUNICATIONS

It looks like maybe the very worst is over for Teadrinker. She got Effie over yesterday and he sorted her e mail, blog and Yahoo issues in record time. Yuppers, she has her very own blog and later today I will tell her how to paste the posts I saved into it so they only post one time instead of three times like thay did last night when we were both giddy from having opened a Yahoo Group for our automotive hero, Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear fame!
To recap: In about a month Teadrinker has gotten a computer, learned how to turn it on and off, send e mails, search the web, IM with Yahoo, acquired her very own blog and become co owner of a Yahoo Group. How great is that? Oops, almost forgot....she can send e cards too. We will endeavor not to recall how long it took a certain gimp of purple tp get that far. My prediction will yet come true. Teadrinker will soon be teaching *me* stuff!
My e mail is still not working. They are sending, but not getting anywhere. Hmmm. I'm using Yahoo until it gets sorted. At least it's receiving, which to me is more important than sending. Just tracked Child Genius down and he'll be here in an hour or so. The mail thing is from HIS server. My out box is configured to his server, not mine, and as there's a glitch there, nothing goes out. No, it goes out, but stays out. I would love to have gimphouse.com working, but if it won't, I want the configuration to be for 013 until such time as he sorts things.
Child Genius also owes me $50 because my credit card got charged on account of he forgot to cancel the charge. I want to go shopping for a couple of DVDs, books and a Chemex, funds permitting.
I got around the new quack question by explaining that as I've had the doppler every year since my stroke, it's just plain stupid to send me to a new quack for him order a test, go for the test, then back to the quack. Of course with the new health regs, they can't just make the appointment and hand over the authorization slip. It has to be approved by the approvers. I got a call this morning that it's all approved. Of course the idjit clerk called me on the cell phone, but my home phone which is about 600% cheaper. And they wonder why the health budget is out of control. Try the house line first, if there's no answer, try the cell. I *am* not a typical Israeli and my cell phones can be turned off in my vest pocket for weeks. It's going to fun going to get the paperwork for the test. Cell phone addicted Israelis assume that everyone else who has one is glued to it. I don't much like them, but, as gimp who charges all over town on Harley Too, it's kinda like Amex: Don't leave home without it.
Not much else happened yesterday other than a few marathon IMs and phone calls with Teadrinker, and staying wide awake until after 0300 with no energy to get up and do anything.

1 comment:

Cookie said...

so now go tell everyone how the so-called goddess of communication can't even carry on a normal phone conversation without having a hissy fit and doesn't believe anyone just because SHE can see across zillions of kilometres