Tuesday, March 29, 2005

HERE WE GO AGAIN

This is one of those mornings when I wish I could sleep without the radio. I switched over to my all night talk station around 0100, and was blasted by awake at 0530 by the words earthquake in Indonesia. The second hunt for CabAret was on 3 minutes later in the form of a text message. The next step was to turn to Sky News. We are almost at the stage for the third step-finding the EF URLS from the last go-round. From what I've been able to piece together, it hit pretty far from Jakarta but was felt there. I just hope comms aren't down this time. I'll try a call a bit later.
Child Genius was over yesterday and we sorted the Visa $ thing, with a mini shopping spree. Bye Bye Birdie will be mine and a Chemex Coffee maker. We also got gimp house.com working both ways, so I'm happy about that. Answers to my mass mailing are trickling in, and I have two more to answer before I go to the bank. As my fax is dead, I have to take the letter to the bank and ask them to send it to Visa for me. I'll leave a copy there. I wrote it in English, so watching Mordy struggle with it should be fun.
I figured up how much I spent last month on incidentals-purples, books, and stuff. 700 Shekels should be enough to get the side garden started, and maybe leave enough for a decent DVD player. Zahavah called last evening and wanted to know is she and Hannah can come for a couple of days. Duh! I've only been waiting for her to come since she got her van 2 years ago. I haven't seen Hannah since the last demonstration in 2002, so that will be fun. A mini gimp convention, the power chair brigade, and all. Maybe we can get a wheelchair race organized!

No comments: