Thursday, March 03, 2005

REFORMATTED AND READY TO GO *SPARE*

Well, we finally did it, and so far, 12 hours later the computer seems to be behaving itself. I hope I haven't spoken too soon. I *am* having major issues with configuring XP to my color. Some how, by accident I got the previous installation to give me beautiful purple everywhere I wanted it. Yesterday it suddenly self destructed and ALL the purple was gone. I haven't been able to recreate the miracle that did it for me as yet, but with perseverence, I'm sure I will!
Today is the big day! I finally, after a year of nonstop suffering at the untender hands of Netvision, go back to Barak. I'm staying with cable and take beack evry nasty word I ever said about them. It was Netvision all the time. I came very close to participating in a *bidding war* with both comanies. Netvision offered me a deal for 5 shekels a month less than Barak, but, I'm going back to Barak. Cable also came up with a sweet deal with TV and internet combined into 1 low price.
Netvision has been seriously misbehaving this morning and refused to let me send a mail to myself. Ha! Netvision wants 2.50 a month to let me keep my e mail account with them. I don't think so. Barak let me have access to theirs for free. I won't miss the Netvision one at all. However, the very thought of changing all the Yahoo settings for my groups does fill me with joyful anticipation. I somehow have to make them accept my purplegimp@ gimphouse addy. So far they haven't let me add it.
Teadrinker is coming along nicely with the exception of a few glitches with Thunderbird. She swears that she doesn't have the local folders thingy on her main page. That just isn't possible, but she swears it's not there. Then, thee's the fact that it's taking hours for her e mail to get there. Something is very wrong. Effie (Adult Genius) will have to sort it for her.
I haven't seen news for two days, so have no idea what needs my attention out there. That's what happens when you have to get the computer ready for a reformat and reinstall. There is nothing else! I think maybe I'll post and have a yell up with Netvision, the continue getting my links and color back!

No comments: