Tuesday, March 22, 2005

ONLY AT GIMP HOUSE

There are times when being a night owl has advantages. I snuggled in for the night early, around midnightish, and woke up at 0500 or so for a quick loo run. Back in bed for the duration(or until I woke up) I was shot into a bolt upright position (thanks to the millions of sit ups I still do) by a horrendous noise from the loo. When I managed to unglue my eyelids I saw what looked like Niagara Falls spurting from the right hand side of the toilet. Put sandals back on and went to take a look. I couldn't get my head in to take a proper look, but it wasn't hitting Peg, so I got him out of there through the other door and put him outside, then, I called my neighbor (they get up before I go to sleep) and asked him to come and turn the water off, as I can't get to the shut off myself. In the meantime, his wife, Orna, was on her way to the Kiosk, saw Peg outside, the door open and water flowing inside, and in she came, to be followed seconds later by wrench wielding husband in mismatched(1 pink, 1 yellow) slippers. Danny turned the water off and changed the little hose that connects the tank to the water,then, turned the water back on. There I was sitting on the bed surrounded by water-my own little island. Orna took over and squeegied the water out. It was in the kitchen I waited until it was mostly dry as gimps walking in water on a tile floor is not a recommended activity, then, made a cup of coffee. AND A GOOD MORNING TO YOU TOO. That pretty much explains what I'm doing at the computer hours before I usually wake up.

The Philmore's check arrived yesterday and I deposited it in the bottomless hole that is my bank account. Things are now back on track. Before I went home, I went by my dog supply shop and got some tick stuff for Lexie, the dog who calls Teadrinker her human, and I'll mail it to her when I go out to find out why I have to change vascular quacks. I called my usual one yesterday and he said he no longer works with my medical insurer, so I have to get a new. It sucks to have to change quacks after having the same one for 6 years.

No comments: