Saturday, March 05, 2005

DID IT AGAIN

I have yet again, managed to piss off Teadrinker! The woman just doesn't listen, and as a complete newbie has trouble saying exactly what she wants to do, and the minute you tell her how to do something and it doesn't work, she gets hysterical. That's it. After this morning, she can either wait for someone who knows what they are doing to come and sort her e mail snafus or bin the bloody thing. Like I'm not having troubles of my own! I can not get my gimphouse.com to work right. I don't know what I did to mess it up. It was working just fine and receiving with no trouble, then, out of the blue it decided the password is wrong! That password lets me into the server, but, will not work to get mail Grrrrrrrr. I've done everything I can think of to get it to work, but it won't, so I can only sit here and wait for Child Genius to answer his phone and come here to fix it. Other than that, things seem to be working ok and I can only find 1 virus/trojan horse that sneaked in with the back up disk. I can live with that. At least the scans are not coming up with hundreds of read errors. I got all my links and e addys back and spent 4 hours last night putting things to rights in the addy book so the names would show. I guess it could have been worse and I could have had to re enter them all by hand. Thank G-d for import-export!
Teadrinker accused me of saying that her Adult Genius did something wrong, and doesn't know what he's doing. I never said that. All I said was that there was something wrong with installation of Thunderbird if it didn't show inbox, sent, trash, etc. There's a huge difference in saying the installation was bad and saying the installer was bad. She also said that she asked me to talk her through opening an attachment. She didn't. She asked me how to get a mail out of her inbox, and put someplace safe. I told her how to move it to another folder (for which she has no icon) and it went missing. What she wanted to do was work on the prog without the mail bothering her. I'm supposed to guess what she wants? Hells, if she wants to think that, fine! I can hang up the phone with the best of them. When I reminded her of the hysteria with the camera scanner, she denied ever getting upset about it. The story now is that she called HP right away and the nice guy there talked her through it. I just love selective memory. She'll either calm down in a day or two, or not. I wonder how long it will take before I talk to again. I know the reason for this whole thing is that she only listens to her end of the conversation, and not to what's being said to her. I can't count the times she's called me and rabitted on for hours and not let me get a word in edgewise. What do I do to attract people who do that? I must put an end to it. She can think anything she likes about me.
I've been sitting here since 1030 and my left shoulder is killing me. I think I'll take the cell phone to bed with a bottle of water (ice), some soup and try to get hold of Child Genius.

No comments: