Saturday, March 26, 2005

CLOSE CALL

It was close, but, by sheer luck, I saw my beloved original Bye Bye Birdie today. It has become a habit to flick through the channels every day to see if maybe it will be on. When I went to check to see when Charmed comes and if it is several episodes at a time, like I thought it might be, I kept right on flicking and THERE IT WAS. It had already started, but I missed only the first 2 minutes. Oh joy, oh rapture. I *do* like that movie. The new version is total crap next to the original, and I've seen the update for the last time. Originals are ALWAYS better. Among the standouts in the original, Kim's bedroom is purple. The same shade as Gimp House and the MacAfees have an upside down refrigerator like I had years after seeing it, and still hope to have one day. I was so excited to find the movie that I actually cried a few times. Yup. That's how much I love that foolish icon from my younger days. I was also thrilled not to be bothered in the middle by any phone calls, I missed the first 2 minutes and was not about to miss any more for anyone or anything. I didn't tape it this time because that would have meant going into the *liberry*, setting up the VCR, and missing more than I was willing to miss. It will be on again, and I'm going to get the DVD soon, the CD too. Happy gimp. Funny how it's the little things that make me feel so good.
I guess I could a tape in and tape the 3 eps of Charmed, but I don't feel like fighting my way into the *liberry*. The Great A Team taping project was quite enough, and Charmed will be in reruns for a while yet. It's starting in 3 minutes, so I think I'll go carve up some veggies to chomp during the Charmed semi marathon.

No comments: