Thursday, March 31, 2005

BORING

I stayed in yesterday for no good reason that I can think of, and got some computer maintenance done. Another go around with Yahoo Groups on the authorized to post from address issue left me muttering dire imprecations in several languages, but got sorted.
Orna came in and did a quick dishes and floors wash up. Peg seems to be getting the message about not using the corner of the living room for things better done outside. I'll probably wish I hadn't written this soon, but he has gotten better about it.

I'm not one for complaining about the weather. It's at the top my list of things that are a waste of time to gripe/worry about, like earthquakes, and other such. Things about absolutely nothing can be done. I do gripe about the electric I get that is a result of the weather, and there *is* something I can do about that. I can not use the a/c. Yeah, right, in 6 degree Celsius winter weather, I'm going to sit here and shiver just like I'm going to sit here and melt when it's 40C. I'm pretty happy about things right now. Winter is mostly over even if they are talking about a cold wet weekend. The a/c has been off for a few weeks now and the house is cool enough that I'm still in socks and bathrobe. I hope I'll be able to get the ceiling fan for my bedroom put in soon. This coming summer will be a scorcher and the less a/c the better!
We turn the clocks ahead tonight which will put us out of step with the rest of the world! I'm ready. Two early to sleep nights lead to two get up early mornings, so bring it on.
Danny (Orna's husband/my handy man seems to have disappeared and I want him to tell me where to buy the stuff we need to do the side garden. I want it done next week and have two doors in here that need his attention.
I'm still in a right snit about that Passat I can't buy, and just might have a yell up with Striar the liar. I WANT THAT CAR but can't scrape up 4000 in cash for it. At least I've learned my lesson and will not ever put myself in that position again. I *am* owed 200 or so by someone but have written that off. 200 shekels is hardly the difference between car/no car. It's just a minor annoyance. I had a nice little rant about that on my Hebrew blog just to let off steam.
I think I know what happened to my posts at my political blog and to ensure it doesn't happen again, I'm saving them before I post. There might very well be a long post there today about a few subjects that have been patiently waiting for me to get to them. Yup, I'll do that, then head out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Political blog? Addy please? :-)

We sprang forward clock wise this weekend past.

Any news from Cab?

Fingers