Sunday, August 01, 2004

I DO HAVE MY MOMENTS!

Ha! Bet you thought I'd never figure out how to get the Cellcom phone to work as an alarm clock. HA! I did and it does! It was the one thing that worked correctly today. The very first thing the computer told me this morning was that it had the flu. Dark Matters was fine for anout an hour then it self disconnected and refused to come back up, even after repeated reboots. Fine, said I to me, and ran my anti virus. It killed the flu, but I had to reinstall Media player to get DM back.
I had a go at STL, then called Gerald to ask when he could come have a look at the problem child. Then, off to the supermarket to stock up on whole grain roll thingys, dropped them at home, finally remembered to take my name change certificate to be copied, bought fags, went to my travel agent and we agreed to keep an eye on El Al. The deal I saw yesterday is for the next month only. There is hope that there'll be more deals for Succot, but for now, the charter stands, and came home to wait for Gerald. He played around with the problem child for a bit and diagnosed a mysterious flu virus and told me to to run this, that, and the other, which I did, after a too short visit with Billy who reapppeared suddenly today. The webcam refused to work, so after he went offf to pacify his sister,I ran spybot and kicked out a couple hundred spy things and rebooted, ran it again, rebooted again. After all that running and booting, I tried the camera and it works! Happy Gimp does happy dance. I've been mucking about with this computer for hours. I am now going to run scan disc, then defrag. It should be all sorted by morning. It was great to see Billy again! Just for the hell of it, I think I'll see if Mssenger will work now.

No comments: