Friday, August 06, 2004

GOOD GIRL

I was a good girl I was. I got up a tad early after having gone to sleep a tad late, raced through coffee 1, charged off to Tzabri to get BBC's tyre filled, grabbed the papers and raced home at a breathtaking 10 km/h. When Achy called I was actually ready and waiting outside when he arrived. He had to pick up a lady from Cfar Giladi, I wish I could have my job back. Then, to Cfar Blum for the rehearsal. It was held in a rehearsal hall and by the time we got there the seats were all full, but as I came with my own seat, they let me in. I was parked right behind the conductor and couldn't see Achy. Be that as it may, the least that conductor could have done, considering how much time he spends with his back to the audience, is develope a cute butt, his flat butt is boring and detracts from the whole. The soprano soloists have just the high pure voices that I could listen to all day. It was quite nice even for a cultural barabarian like me! There was a French Provincial grand piano that I'd love to have;so what if I can't play and it's bigger than my whole apartment. I can still covet it. can't I? I *do* have one major concern. The sopranos were lovely and have nice figures. How will the audience know it's over if there's no fat lady to sing? Sheesh, the things I worry about.I had a short nap after I got home and woke up just as Louise's funeral would have been starting, so I *was* with Beck as promised. I'm still sad.
Mazal sent me a little pixie figurine. I'm going to glue it to one of the phone jacks here. I just love those little figurines.
King Athur is finally in town. Now, do I go to it tomorrow at full price, or on Sunday at 1/2 price? Descisions, descisions. I've been waiting so long for it to get here that I'm not sure I'll be able to restrain myself until Sunday! Arthur freak that I am. I'm dying to find out if it's the Mary Stewart or T.H. White version, or something entirely else. I must remember to check which of the Stewart books I don't have and order it. I love her Arthur series.
I think maybe I'll try to adjust the little TV in the library soon. The a/c in there is the only one working at the moment and it's HOT in here. At least it blows straight into the computer corner. Yup, sounds like a plan!

No comments: