Thursday, August 26, 2004

LOST NIS 100

It's not enough that I have been without any cash for 3 weeks, and that the battle with STL is stalled, I had to lose the 100 Mara gave me for doing the work on their invoices and inventory. The advantage of keeping cash in one place (a tiny leather zippered purse in the right upper pocket of my vest) is that there's no other place it could be. When Hilwa from the Lebanese place brought the tabouli I'd ordered into Mara and Richard's, I took out the mini purse to pay her and it was empty. No 100 bill. Mara gave it to me on Tuesday and I haven't been anywhere except their shop since then. Haven't bought anything either. Where did it go? Money doesn't evaporate. As I'm a regular at Hilwa's, I can pay her on Sunday when we get paid. I worry more about paying what I owe than I do about where the 100 ran off to.
Yesterday I charged into Mara and Richard's with the copies of the invoices and did a fast inventory. That took about 20 minutes, then, when Richard arrived we priced all the coffee. Now they will be able to keep track of what is selling, what needs ordering, and all that neat stuff. When I got home, I put it all on excell, which I also hate as much as I HATE NETVISION! I also fooled around with a price list, and e mailed the lot to them.
On the way home yesterday I saw Meir of *liberry* fame's truck at Limor's and cornered him and Moshe about the hole in the wall in my pantry. They said they'd be along to fix it but as yet, haven't. Limor told me that the ramp that was funded is being held up at City Hall. It won't be for much longer. I gave her the numbers of the two best movers and shakers in the crip movement in the country. Our elected officials have absolutely no respect for the law. It looks like they are trying to delay the ramp until the funding is gone. I don't think so.
On my way into town this morning I went by her place and told her that I'm going to catch Nissim Malka or Sammy Melul, both of whom can issue the approval she needs (or so they say, in violation of the law). I swung by City Hall and had a short argument with Shimon Kabessa. He still shakes when I appear, and the last time we went at it was in '92. That's just fine. I love it when a grown bully quakes at the sight of me. Nissim wasn't in, but Sammy was upstairs and Kabessa claims to have no way to call him, and I have no way to get up to his office. I'll have another go at it on Sunday unless I can run Nissim to earth tomorrow. Why is it these bozos always pick on that particular law? Nationally it's called Miraleh's law, it will soon be known in this town as Golan's law. I've had it with that band of outlaws. Enough is enough. A stop must be put to it, and I'm just in the mood to do it. I will sort the criminals by Tuesday at the latest. WATCH OUT, GOLAN IS GONNA GET YOU.
I'm also after the jerk cop who yelled RETARD at me because he can't drive. I think I know who it was and he would be well advised to stay far away from me in the future, near and far.
Now Cable has decided to be as annoying as possible. It auto disconnects every evening at around 18:30, with the little green light on the modem going blinky, blinky, then it allows reconnection an hour or so later. It's getting really old. There was a bunch of other stuff I meant to write about, but the STL site is calling. I had the usual trouble with WORD this morning and have decided to type the page directly rather than copy and paste.

No comments: