Sunday, August 29, 2004

AN OK START TO A NEW WEEK

I actually got up in time for Dark Matters today and only had a little bit of trouble bringing it up. Dwight and Don had a great show today. It was heart warming to hear about Dwight and his daughter's jump from a special forces airplane. How lucky can you get. Of course it wasn't lost on me that the jump took place at Bragg, the very same base the A Team escaped from into the LA underground!
As soon as the program was over, I gave STL a blast straight into his ear and demanded money. He whined and moaned in a most pathetic voice that he can't go out. He's waiting to get an infusion of some kind and he's not well enough to go out. I told him I'm not interested and he'd better send something today. He then asked how much I want to close it.......10,000 shekels within the next two weeks and I'll sign off on his debt. Ha! I'll believe it when I see it.
I took 100 from the bank and paid for the tabouli, then, he called as I was on the way home to say he's going to the post office to send and will call in 10 mins or so with the number. I did an about face and went back to the post office and waited for 20 minutes, then decided to go home. I was half way home when he called with the number and just continued home, after deciding that the important thing was that the money was there. He called about 2 minutes after I walked in to ask if I'd gotten it yet, and I very nastily said that I'd get it when I was good and ready. I went back out at 16:00 to get the money and to hunt down Yossi the a/c guy to ask him if it would be a problem to wait until the 2nd and my credit card is clear, or I could pay the whole thing now. He said to give him 100 now and the rest next month. What a doll. I think I'll call Moshe tomorrow and ask him to install the fans.
I am having much trouble with the STL website. I've written a new page 3 times now and lost it every time. I'm not paying attention to what I'm doing. I'm thinking too much aboot England in October. I lost the cheap charter fare and will have to pay a much higher fare on El Al, but I much prefer El Al, so we shall see. If he actually pays up on time, I'll be able to go. If not, he's going on a very unpleasant painfull trip.
This new spy thing out of DC has me concerned. Is this what happens when someone who works in the Pentagon meets with people from AIPAC or someone from the embassy? The get accused of being a mole? I stinks to high heaven of antisemitism. As opposed to Pollard who apparently was passing us info and who should be in jail. I really resent the fact that we gave him citizenship here and that there are ongoing efforts to get him released. Sorry, he did it, got caught and should do the time. Of course, Kerry should have the cell next to him for his activities after he came home from Nam!

No comments: