Saturday, August 28, 2004

AT LAST

I finally ran into Yossi, a local a/c guy who was an a/c teacher way back in '94 when I was teaching "technical English" at the same school. He lives very close to Gimp House, and is just an all around nice guy. I spotted him installing an a/c at a store I passed on the way home and asked if he could find time in the near future to take a look at the Pereg(Pereg means poppy) which has not been cooling for about 2 months. He said he'd try for the same day, but as Fridays are short work days here, I didn't have much hope, and settled in for a short nap just as he knocked on the door. Poppy had a minor case of no gas which was quickly solved and now the door to the *liberry* is closed and I have a bit more room for my legs here at the computer corner. Poppy does such a good job of cooling all of Gimp House. It's another case of my gut knowing just where to install him........the first time that happened to me was when I planned the house we built in Topsham, Maine and I situated it on the plot so that it took perfect advantage of the sun. An engineer told me back then that it would have taken him ages to figure the best placement, and *I* did it by feel! Woohoo, go gut! I not only situated it perfectly on the lot, I also designed it perfectly for a gimp, who now lives in it. When I saw the ramps in the video Irit and Guy took on their honeymoon, I was a bit surprized, to put it mildly. On reflection, I realized that the floorplan was indeed perfect for a wheelchair, and justified all the fights I had with the contractor who wanted a more conventional floor plan. That was one great house! Still is. I didn't get much done yesterday, just took it easy and watched TV, mostly. I did stop by the coffee shop and give Richard the local paper that had a small item in the gossip column on Yoffee Coffee. He loved it and knowing the other local paper, they'll have one next week without me going in, like I did with this one. That's just the way they are. On second thought, maybe I'll take them a photo to use. Our local gossip columns are better than full page ads. Tomorrow is going to be a full day, outside, talk to Oren about an article on Limor and her ramp, try to get onto Nissim about same, see if my glow in the dark results are in, threaten STL, I'll do that tonight, pay Yossi for fixing Poppy, pay Hilwa for the tabouli and a few other mundane chores. I think I'll post a page(the one I had so much trouble with Word over) to the STL site, call Bat Chen, then do some computer maintenance, then, start reading the book Mara gave me, and maybe do that mountain of dishes that Fanny never got to and must be done if I want to cook anything.

No comments: