Thursday, August 12, 2004

SKELETAL TRANSPLANT?


Israeli clinics are enough to drive a sworn pacifist (which I am not) to commit random acts of violence. It's not enough that the average every day generic Israeli has a hard time waiting his turn, now we have all those "cultured" Russians who think they they don't have to wait their turn as well. Add to the mix a big mouthed American/Israeli who takes advantage of the unwritten law that crips do not wait in lines, and you have recipe for mayhem. It's even more fun when the Russian 'can't speak Hebrew' Yeah, right. It's more a case of won't. They are the only ethnic group that has been catered to in that manner. No other group, not Morrocans, Germans, Polish, Romanian, French, American, Brit or anyone else has ever been so catered to. They/we all had to learn Hebrew to get along here. Some did better than others, but never ever did we expect everyplace to cater to our language like has happened with the Russians. I've been known to lambaste more than one Russian in a flood of English insults that even a native English speaker would have trouble following. Of couse I can and have done the same in Hebrew. To me it's as simple as this;if you want to continue living in your native language and culture, don't come here, but if you do come, learn Hebrew and stop expecting Israelis to behave as if they/we all were in your native country. Not that Israelis couldn't learn from other cultures, but there's not all that much wrong with the one here. It's not better or worse than any other, it's just different. You may have gathered that I had yet another run in with a Russian while at the clinic this morning. It ended; me-1 Russian-0. My saw bones, who speaks fluent English and witnessed the whole incident was hard put to keep a straight face. Of course I had just come out of a meeting with Ygal, the social worker who yet again told me that the woman in charge of electric wheel chairs at the Health Minisry told him that I'm not eligible for one because I have Harley. Great, now, she had better get her butt down here and show me how to use Harley in the house without taking ALL the furniture out first. Lord I HATE STUPID people, especially Canadians who should know better. It looks like I'll have to write a nasty letter in Hebrew to get this moving. To come out of that and run straight into a Russian bitch was just too much. The one who was in with the sawbones was also Russian and was in there so long that I figured she'd had a complete skelton transplant. I was in for just enough time for him write out orders for a bone scan and a few x-rays. Of course I missed Charmed, but I'll live. Before all of that I went to Zohar's again, but he wasn't there and the kid he left minding the store didn't know prices. The black table I saw and am interested in is till there. I saw another table with a glass top and black frame with 6 chairs that need recovering, and a chair for the corner. I'm heading back out there in a few minutes to see if he'll take the computer table, matresses and maybe the penguin a/c in exchange for the stuff I want. Penguin has never been used-long, real long story, and should work just fine. I really don't need an a/c in that room, so, might as well get something out of it. I'll see what Zohar says. Might as well go now.
I'll get on to STL later. Too bad for him I'm such a combative mood today! he he he.

No comments: