Tuesday, August 03, 2004

HO HUM

It just won't end. STL is dragging it on and on. I did get an interesting tidbit from Gerald. In spite of STL begging me not to say anything, I told Gerald that I let myself be conned by STL, and that STL had offered to talk to Gerald for me and take the amount of the bounced check on himself. Gerald then told me that STL's reputation in Safad is about as bad as it can get and that he, himself, never lets STL owe him more than 300 at a time and that it's actually his own fault the check bounced. If he'd deposited it on time, it would have been fine and he's not at all worried about.The interesting part was what he said about STL's reputation and how well known he is in Safad for conning and cheating. It backs up my intuition the Edith is playing payback with him and has no intention of giving a penny. Next time he offers to have her call, I'll take him up on it.
After spending the weekend obssessing about my credit card, I went to Tzabri to pay for the Harley rescue and it went through. YES! Today, I'm going to get my meds and try to pay the butcher bill. The ultimate test of the C.C. I have resolved that the only things going on the card this month are fags, groceries and emergencies. Lucky for me, it's not an electric bill month, so it will be pretty close to ok. Of course all will be well if STL pays up, and he'd damn well better. England is coming up soon and I have to start buying pounds. I didn't get to the travel agent yesterday, so I'll do that today. It's time to get a move on here, if I want to be back by 12:30.

No comments: