Sunday, August 22, 2004

IS TODAY REALLY SUNDAY?

It feels more like Wednesday! I got up, as usual for a Sunday, at 05:45 and rebooted before going to Dark Matters. Don was on his own with Bill Birnes as Dwight went to jump out of an airplane with some Special Forces types. His daughter is making a jump too. I sure wish I could......
I got out of here just before 10:00 to discover that some genius designed whatever it is they're doing to the street and sidewalk outside in such a way that the fence and railing had to be removed. Now there is nothing between a speeding car/truck/bus and Gimp House. There have been so many *almost* crashes into that barrier that I am now very nervous. Considering who the powers behind that project are, there's not much sense in complaining. With my luck, the driver who eventually crashes into my house will blame me.
While at Yoffee Coffee,I called STL and he confirmed what I already knew when he called just after midnight and asked me to call him back, and I refused. He told me that he'd have news for me tonight. I was right not to call him back! I told him in no uncertain terms that he WILL pay me back every single cent his little spree on my bank account cost me. He whined a bit, but pay he will. Richard wrote his summary of STL. I came home rewrote it, redisgned the site, and posted a few new pages there. One listing his fairy tale excuses, another on his apartment and Richard's story with the names changed to protect the innocent. I'll send Brian's mail tomorrow with the links.
After not having been to my bank account site for most of the month, I went in last night and this morning. It's not quite as bad as I feared, but not good enough for England if STL doesn't pay up. If he pays up, I'll be able to go, no sweat.
I've got to stop being such a good guy and doing things I promise/agree to do on time. No one else does. I'm still waiting for Bat Chen to finish editting my letter. This after doing everything she ever asked me to do for her, pretty much on the spot. I still have to decipher Richard and Mara's bill from the coffee guy. They want me to be their 'business manager' on Tuesday when he comes to collect. This guy should have been a doctor, can't figure out half of his letters. I'll do it tomorrow. After all, it took almost 3 weeks to get that summary from them.
Cable messed up for an hour or so today. No internet or TV, and it started right in the middle of Highlander. I gave up and came to work offline on the computer. Teadrinker called just as I was reaching for the phone to call cable, I HATE NETVISION MORE, and, wouldn't you know it, both TV and internet came back while we were talking.
Well, we'll know in a few hours if STL found some poor sucker to scam in order to pay me what he owes. One of these days he's going to be found dead with a knife in his back, no, not my knife! I just hope it's after he pays me back. How bitchy is that?

No comments: