Wednesday, August 11, 2004

TEADRINKER AND ME

In the end, I gave in and am allowing Teadrinker to call me. What happened? I don't know. Much as I enjoyed the peace and quiet and uninterrupted TV watching, something was wrong and much as I try to project an image of being the ultimate mean bitch, I guess I'm really not, though I can be for short periods of time.
Anyhoo, during our conversation last night it hit me! Now, stay with me here, because it really does sum up the insanity that is my life; After 4 1/2 years of nonstop flat tyres on Harley, 4 on one infamous day, I got solid tyres, and go gaily whizzing around town knowing that I can only get a flat on the front tyre. Yeah, so? So....there of course came a day when I didn't get a flat-rather the whole complete $#@&*+!~ wheel FELL OFF! Talk about the story of my life. Teadrinker, who is actualy quite brilliant and usually "gets it" as I'm saying it, had to have it explained, then, of course we couldn't stop laughing. And that, my friends is what drives me wild about Teadrinker. She's so involved with telling me a detailed account of her day that she misses what's being said to her. On the other hand, when I come up with a name for something, like her new shed, she loves it. The new shed is Shack, her new ramp/path is Happy Trail and her House is The Ponderous-osa, which is a play on the Western names of her scooters and Harry Potter. She is the one person in the world who agrees when my answer to her question about how I come up these plays on words is "I'm a genius!" And she's the one who tested off the charts.
We also had a good time having a go at the johns who think they are going to win the US election. She got that one right off and has taken to calling john # 1 The Bog! (Brit for bathroom) She has never liked The Bushwhacker much, but when I got done telling her about the johns, she now wishes she could vote in that election! I liked The Bushwhacker from the minute I met him at an MSRC event in '79. He listened to my opinions on the Israel-Raghead situation and said that he'd never thought it that way, and would pay more attention to things here. This was way before anyone thought he'd be a national figure, never mind President. He was a bit taken aback by what I had to say about the State Department, and I think he has since found out that I was spot on. At least it looks like it from here.
I don't recall ever being this scared before an election. It the johns get in, it's all over but the learning of a new language and religion. That scares me, but then appeasers always have.
STL woke me up this morning with his usual whiney excuse that he's got test at hospital. Yeah, right. He really thinks I'm buying his bullshit, may he rot. The only plus to that call was that he woke me up at a bit after 09:00. It's now after 10:30 and I want to go and see that black table I saw at Zohars when Eema Rivka was here. I obviously can't buy it until STL pays up, but maybe I can talk him into holding it for me, or trading it for the computer desk. I also want to check out much the computer desk costs new these days and how much it will cost to get a keyboard drawer for it as the one that came with it is now on this table! So, I guess it's time to head out if I want to be home in time for Charmed. I get it twice today, I think.

No comments: