Friday, April 01, 2005

PSYCHIC OR PSYCHO?

There are times when I wonder if I'm going nuts or if I am indeed a bit psychic. I check the hit counter at Gimp House every day and this morning there was a hit through the Adrian Paul site. Before I went out to get the Friday papers, I flipped through my usual channels and nothing of interest showed up. For some reason I then checked AXN, and it showed The Highlander from episode 1 through 4. I don't usually bother with AXN on Fridays because rarely is there anything of interest there. At least I was dressed and ready to go, so I grabbed my cell phone and flew out the door, hopped on Harley Too and got the locals, and a new blank cassette. I got home in time to set up the VCR, and cut up some veggies, and settle into my chair for some Highlander. What's the big deal with Highlander? Just Adrian Paul is all. He is one of the best looking men I've ever seen, and there is magic in the way he moves. I could watch him all day long. It's not just juvenile slobbering. There are so few people who move like that, that I notice it. Must be my skating background. There was a time when I moved like that myself. Kinda hard to do from a wheelchair! The Sorbo guy comes in a close second, only because he doesn't quite have that dancer movement, but he *is* a joy to these jaded eyes. I just hope they both appreciate that their bodies are still under their control, and that they never end up like me. I, however, am most thankful that I can watch them from a distance. They make this old gimp smile in memory of the days long gone when she *could* too.
Just before the show started Danny came in to fix one of the busted doors. I can now close that one without using the little lock contraption I put on way back when Pegasus broke the door handle.
Then Danny left with my thanks. I was so engrossed in watching that man move that I ignored Peg's barking until there was a bang on the *liberry* window. Danny and Orna came for the mattress I gave them, but they never got around to taking because of the rain. One down, one to go. Then back for even more Highlander. Good thing I know how AXN works. There will be 4 episodes on every Friday until the end of the series. I'll get 'em all on tape, then get the TV hooked to the computer and burn all my tapes onto VCDs. A plan! The gimp has a plan!
There is something wrong at Visa. More charges have come in. I thought they would stop after I notified them, but no, there they are! At least the card wouldn't work this morning, so I guess it's been cancelled. I'll go into the bank on Mon. Maybe my new card is already there, then I'll call Visa again and get on their case. This is a lot of money. 1231 shekels in one month, about 20% of what I get and I want it back.
The ex called with questions about his site, and I'll have to get Child Genius over to sort it tomorrow. He(the ex) called me Terry(his wife) a couple of times, and I had to remind him that I AM not Terry. I also told him that my latest quest for knowlege is Terry's fault. She recommended The Da Vinci Code to me and that has me all over the place looking for information to fill in the gaps. I'm off to find out more about Paganism. Details are being posted at A View From The North-link in my profile for anyone bored enough to be interested.

No comments: