Tuesday, April 12, 2005

AS CLOSE AS I CAN GET.....

12 Apr 2005
OMG. Roman Serov, ranked 19 after competing at Worlds in Moscow sat next to me at the coffee shop. Of course I couldn't quite get up the nerve to talk to him, so I just basked in his presence. Being one of the 20 best skaters in the world is no small accomplishment! I just promised myself to talk with him the next time he shows up there. Mara says he's there frequently.
I checked my bank account today and I'm in pretty good shape. I have all the fags I'll need until next month, so the Visa can pretty much take it easy until then. The balance there isn't too bad and there's a cushion for emergencies. Now, if Yechiel, the handsome, would just bring The Whiz to sort the TV card, I could get on with burning The A Team tapes on to discs.
Leia Fee and I have started organizing our little East Wing A Team noncon. I got Jips' permission to use her lists, Leia has e mailed the hotel I found, to ask about costs for a function room, and I did the calculations and it's well within my budget. We had so much fun at Noncon I that we think it's time to have Noncon II. We are going to keep it nice and simple. Anyone who to come can either stay at the hotel I picked, or one of their own chosing. We are not going to get involved with reservations or stuff like that. Nor are we going to make any money from it. We just want a fun weekend of A Team.

No comments: