Monday, April 04, 2005

IN THE WORDS OF THE GREAT ERIC VON ZIPPER: "WHY ME ALL THE TIME< WHY ME?

I guess the answer to that deep philosophical question of my hero from the Beach Blanket movies of the 60s is, "Why not?" Why not indeed? I'm starting think that there might be a finite amount of crap things that can happen to people in this life and those of us who can handle them get them. Ok, fair enough, but there must be others besides me? And shouldn't those of us who have dealt with so much crap be allowed a rest from it? Or do we have to keep on dealing with it so as not to get out of practise? I don't know the answer yet but an pondering on it mightily.
The Visa thing looks like it will sort itself today. I talked to the sweet guy at Visa's overseas security department and sent him the letter again by e mail. He said they can stop all the stuff and reimburse my account. Woohoo!! He just called and will put the money in my account immediately. YES!
The thing that really troubles me about the whole thing is that, after our talk last night, and Child Genius' reaction,I'm beginning to think that he was the one with his hand in my account. That really doesn't sit well. He practically begged me to tell Visa that if reimbursing my account is not done immediately to tell them to hold off and he'll give me the money in a week or so. When I insisted that Visa sort it, he got a bit upset. Suspicious behavior. I hope I'm wrong about him and will ask him the next time I see him. I didn't want to press it last evening as he was here with a friend. If it *was* him, Visa will take care of it.
On a happier note; I am now no longer the only woman in the country with only one bra! I bought a new one today and now am the proud owner of two bras! From there I went to the book store, but they don't have the Adam Smith book yet. AND the fat ladies clothing store is having a special sale next Tuesday and there are lots of purples there. Speaking of purples, I found a pair of kitchen shears, a veggie peeler and a peeler/knife thingy, and a three tray oven/serving set, and bought them all. Not a bad purple day. On my way out, I saw Orna and she still isn't sure about tomorrow. This is not good. But as I have to go anyway, not really important. If she doesn't go, I'll just use the cash I've been hoarding for her bus fare for taxis in the city. Either way it's ok.
I think it might be time to go dry off. Of course it started raining when I came out of Mall *1* with the new bra and dripped and dropped all the way to Mall *2*, so I'm only a little damp. It was dry all the way home, but I'm starting to feel a bit uncomfortable, and a nice hot cup of soup sounds pretty good right about now.

No comments: