Sunday, April 24, 2005

THE WAY IT SHOULD BE

By some miracle I was ready to be kidnapped right on time. Peg had walkies, I showered,threw a few things in a bag, put his food and water down, sorted the doors and fluffled him, and was ready by the time Achy arrived. The only thing I forgot to do was call Irit and tell her. More of which later. We got to Achy and Mazal's with an hours or so to kill, so down I went and we had a lovely visit, then off to one her sister's in Kiryat Atta, then onward to the sister who has having the Seder. Normally I'm not to wild about Chabad, but these two are of the best Chabad has to offer and it was one of the best, if latest Seders I've ever been to. It started at 2300 and we got back to Carmiel at 0330. I was sorry to see it end. Haim and Edna, our hosts were just wonderful and didn't bat an eye at a surprise guest. (as it should be, but so often isn't) It turned out that we know quite a few of the same people in the ever so small world of Chabad. Luckily most of them are the ones I liked then and still like. It was a bit of a surprised to them! They were so solicitous and did everything they could to make me comfortable. I went chairless as very little walking and a minimum of stairs were involved. There are still a few residual aches and pains as result, but less than I thought. Achy and Mazal's son, Guy, who I didn't much like when he was a kid has grown in a great hulk of a friendly bright 16 year old. We chatted computers, music, and all kinds of things. For the first time since I met him so many years ago I enjoyed him. I suspect the same thing will happen with Shir in a year or two. She's still at an irritating (to me) age. Time will cure that!
My cell phone woke Achy up at around 0830. Irit was quite pissed off to hear where I was, and when I got home and tried to call her back there was no answer on any of their phones. She is going to get such a lesson from me. *I* also know how to not answer phones. It infuriates me anew each time I think that Achy and Mazal did what Irit and Guy should have done, and I won't get over it any time soon. I'm perfectly happy in my quiet little cocoon, and as she and her brother are already written out of my will, they can just take flying leaps at each other. Does it hurt? Damn right it does, but I've gotten beyond and over worse. They'll get theirs from their kids. At least I know I didn't do anything like that to *my* mother. They'll have to live with it and explain it to their kids. I also know that I tried to bring them up to be better than they are now. *I'm* out of the 'bringing up' game and am too old to let them (her) get away with molding Mummy into what she wants me to be. I am what and who I am and if she doesn't like it, she can just stay away and leave me in peace. I DO NOT need the stress.
So much for my gut feelings and thank G-d. Marcelle is fine. The biopsy came back negative and The Philmore is pleased as am I. After talking to him for a few minutes, I called The Jeffie. He got the pictures I sent and Vicky said he got all misty eyed at the historical pictures of our granparents. He liked Harley Too, and wants more pictures of me. I'll send of the ones Achy took last night.

No comments: