Sunday, April 03, 2005

NOT A GREAT WEEKEND

The Pope's death, while sad, was also an inspiration. He was a truly good man, who died as he lived, by his unwavering faith. The TV talking heads kept going on about his belief that suffering was a good thing and about his decision to die in his own bed, close to his people. Considering the way he lived, it was hardly surprising. I am not sure that the suffering he referred to was physical pain, but that might be part of it. I'm sure he was talking about the emotional pain he suffered as a result of all the evil in the world, which is the much greater pain. Of course he was a man who knew both kinds.
A minor annoyance over the weekend was discovering that my Visa is still being charged in $s and if I don't the money back PDQ I'll be in big trouble at the bank. At least they (Visa) did cancel my card, and I hope the replacement is waiting at the bank. I NEED it by Tuesday for the jaunt to Haifa. As things stand now, if nothing else comes in on *that* card, I'll barely squeak through the month. It angers me that after all I went through to get things on the right track this had to happen. Why do I never get used to it? It just doesn't seem that I can ever get the off the brink of financial disaster, no matter what I do! We are not amused. I tried several times this morning to get Visa on the phone, but no luck. Just for the fun of it, I tried to bring up my account, but that was almost an exercise in futility. In the end, I rebooted and managed to get it on line for just long enough to print out what I needed. Well, not to worry, this too shall pass. I think I'll go mess around on the WWW until Child Genius gets here.

No comments: