Monday, April 11, 2005

11 April- MY BABY BROTHER

I've been driving myself crazy over who to leave all the sentimental family stuff I've accumulated over the years. My kids not only aren't interested, they don't deserve it. Then the answer hit me right between the eyes. My brother's girls! My baby brother is 50 now and his girls are all grown up. Jenny, the younger is severly disabled. She was born with water on her brain and has lived far past the doctors' prognoses with a shunt. Jessie, the older girl is just fine. For a total screw up my baby brother, who never finished 10th grade has done just fine. His biggest problem in like has been The Philmore who just can not give anyone anything without titanium strings attached. Well, Jeffie has done just fine, and I'm as proud of him as can be. So, he didn't marry a Jewish gal, but they ARE still married as opposed to his older sibling. The poor guy got all weepy and upset when I called last night to ask him if he thought Jen and Jess would be interested in inheriting the family stuff I've been dragging around in the hope my daughter would be interested. As she isn't interested in the least, she just won't get any of it.
Poor Jeffie cried like a baby when I told him I want to leave it to his girls. Then he got all *when are you coming for a visit* on me and offered to pay for a plane ticket, and to give me money to buy a car and why did I ask The Philmore to help with Harley Too and not him. He wants me to visit them in summer, but no way with airfares being so high. I'll go next winter, unless something happens in Florida. The Philmore's wife was supposed to have an operation on her back, but it was postponed because pre op tests showed a spot on her lung. That sounds really not good and it's going to take at least 2 weeks to get a biopsy report. Poor Marcelle. The waiting is worse than knowing. She sounded really shook up. I'm trying to figure out how I can get myself over there if things go downhill fast. I'm sure I'll find a way if it comes to that.
In the meantime, I'm thinking that if Jeffie can afford it, maybe he could send Jess over here for a visit. I was trying so hard to calm him down that it didn't enter my mind until I'd hung up. I'll call next week and ask him.
The Great Video project is all organized and ready to, but there's a problem. The new thing saves the video, but not the audio. What use are A Team discs with no audio. I'll ask The Whiz when I go into town in a bit. I have to get some CD cases and check in with Mara. She's been asking lately what I'll do about The Phimore if anything happens to Marcelle. Is she psychic, or what? It's time to get out of here if I want to get anything done today.

No comments: