Tuesday, April 19, 2005

BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL GIMP HOUSE

Whew! Orna and I did it today after weeks of planning and talking about it. The living room is now a living/dining room with the sofa bed and 1 comfy chair on the wall where 2 of the bookcases were. One is now in the spare/guest room. The other is in *liberry* so I'll have a place to put the books that have to be moved until I get the bookcases built. Things look really great here now. AND I can go where I want except the kitchen and here with the wheelchair. Orna couldn't believe it. It really does look nice. I'll get the rest of the boards for the bookcases at the first of the month and start finishing it. That is turning into a great, fantastic room. I am most pleased with myself and Gimp House. I'm hot and tired and sweaty from the things I *did* do. Not the heavy moving stuff, but the little putting in order stuff and getting a load of laundry in. That always leaves me knackered in the extreme.
I called The Philmore to tell him happy birthday but he was out playing bridge. I talked to Marcelle for a few minutes and she's really shaky. She won't have the results from the tests until Thursday and her kids don't know about it yet. Just me. I was hoping to hear some news on that front today, but I'll just have to wait two more days. I'm pretty sure the results will be positive and I don't know why I'm so sure, I just am. It's going to be hard on The Philmore, and I'll have to go over sooner than I wanted. I'll just deal with that when I have to.
I'm thinking that maybe I'll go Pesach shopping tomorrow, now that the kitchen is ready, clean fridge, stove, and cabinets!
I think I'll take my aching back and other parts for a rest now.

No comments: