Tuesday, April 05, 2005

OWIE, OUCHIE, IT HURTS

Well, that's over for another year. Of course Orna couldn't go, so I was on my own. Things were just fine until I got to Haifa and tried to get a taxi. None to had, so, off to the bus stop for Rothschild Hospital. I had to wait for 6 buses until a "bowing' bus came. The driver and one of the passengers were dears and fiddled with the fold out ramp until I could roll on. I managed to get across the street (a nice downhill slope) and inside in plenty of time. It was like old home week and not a word about sending the results to me. After the test, I caught a bus right away, and when we got to the sort of central station and I was looking at the electronic time table for the platform number, oops, there was my bus right in front of me. rolly rolly, grab soldier to throw chair in baggage, leap gracefully on to the bus (with different soldier pushing from behind) and I was home before I knew it. I let Peg out for a few minutes then charged out to get a shwarma for breakfast/lunch/supper, then changed into nightgown and collapsed into bed. My knees and back and shoulders are killing me. This is good incentive to get moving on the electric chair. I think it's about time to collapse back into bed. Brigadoon will be on soon, and I don't want to miss it. Plus, I need a pain pill. Going on these expeditions alone is not a good idea.

No comments: