Sunday, April 17, 2005

WELL, THAT WAS ENLIGHTENING

For various inexplicable reasons, I spent the last week posting at LJ in Hebrew and opened a blog for Pegasus, the amazing Keeshond. Writing there in Hebrew is totally annoying, so here I am back home, creature of habit that I am.
So, what's new around Gimp House, you ask? Just a few technological advances. The DVD is working just fine as is the new TV card in the computer. Odd thing about the latter. Yechiel the handsome connected the latter so that it somehow by passes the TV and comes straight to the computer. That's just fine as it bypasses the need to tape the show vid cassettes, and saves it right to the computer. Nero is also sorted and I now have 4 Highlander eps burned to a disc. Now all I need is another RAM card so I can do other things at the same time it's saving stuff without worrying about a crash.

I got a phone call from my loving daughter on Friday. She wanted to know what I'll be doing a week from today because maybe they'll come visit. She started with questions about the state of the house vis a vis dog pee and poop. That leads me to think that they just might come here. I'll get one of Orna's girls in later today to help move books and stuff so we can sort the *liberry* and living room. You can safely assume that I was vague about being home on the bog day and told her to call the Friday before. It totally pisses me off that not a word was said about the Seder. They are most likely going to Guy's parents. How rude is it that no one thought to ask if maybe I want to go too? Not that I would, I really don't like them, it's the principle of the thing. Peg and I will do just fine on our own, as we have for so many years. Going to Irit and Guy's last year was an exercise in tension control, and who needs it? I have my own little corner and Peg is the best company I could have! I *will* make the effort to whip Gimp House into the best possible shape before they arrive. Since their last visit, Her Highnesses old room has been transformed, there are curtains, a new bedspread, the *liberry* and a few other nice touches. It all just has to be polished a bit, and the pictures put up. I also have to get the sofa out of the *liberry* and on the wall where two bookcases presently live. One bookcase will go in the *liberry* for now, and the other in her old room. There's not a whole of sense in setting the *liberry* up for TV watching until I figure out to get the picture back on the TV instead of on the computer monitor. As it's not urgent, it can wait until Yechiel the handsome brings the Panasonic VCR home. There are still two TVs I can watch while the computer does it's download work. NOW I know why I set it up the way I did, with the *liberry* set on it's own cable box and the one in my room and the living room on a separate circuit! Funny how you do things without thinking why, then find out later that what you did was exactly right months later!

Ehud Manor, one of our best lyricists died last week at the age of 64 and everyone has been running around saying "before his time". I just don't get that. It was obviously his time, or he'd still be alive. We just weren't ready for him to go.....and of course it reminds us all of our own mortality. I spend more time thinking about it after someone like him goes. No, I am not afraid to die. I'm just having too much fun here to want to just yet. Of course, no one asks us when we want to go. We just go. One of our pundits made a comment to the effect that someone up there must be planning a big production. The Pope, Uzi Hittman and Ehud Manor to name a few who were mentioned, in such a short time. If so, it will be a most interesting production.

No comments: