Tuesday, September 21, 2004

TV HEAVEN

I now have two functioning TV sets! The 'old 21" is now in the *liberry* with both VCRs hooked up and working. The new 25" is in my room. I'm soooo pleased with that TV. Only 990 shekels which is $ 220 for a brand new 25" color set. The 21" cost a bit more and is a flat screen. I thought *that* one was huge. The new one is gigantic and I got the cable remote coded to run the TV too! Proud of myself? You bet!
I'm really happy with way the *liberry* is shaping up. Now I can see the TV from here, so will be able to spend more time at the computer! Hooray.
I made a start on rearranging the shelves and bricks for the annex to the one wall bookcase. I just love a room full of books! It will take a while to finish because I have to get more shelves and shlepping them home is a project in it's own right! But it will get done and sooner than I think. Must thank The Philmore one day for the compulsive side I got from him. I can never stop until I've finished unless I'm at the "fix it with the hammer" stage, at which point I take a break and come back to finish.
I called the registrar of voters and she'll be sending ballots at the end of the week. I am so going to enjoy voting for Bush and AGAINST the crapper at the same time. My vote is FOR and at the same time AGAINST. Kerry really gets me going. What a sleaze-(apologies to sleaze)
The whole country here is going on strike tomorrow. Banks, airports, seaports, customs, all gov't workers, everyone. For the first time I am in complete agreement with the strikers. Municipal employees have not been getting paid on time if at all. Some have gone almost a year without seeing a salary. The minister in charge refuses to transfer the salary funds to municipalities that haven't signed a reorganization agreement with his office. That is absolutely no reason to hold up workers salaries. There are laws forbidding that in the private sector and G-d help the employer who breaks those laws. But the government can? And expect the rest of us to be law abiding? I don't think so. There is no excuse for withholding employees salaries. They worked for it and because a few idiots who got elected to city councils don't want to streamline are not justification for people not getting paid for work performed. Things are going to be a bit nuts for a while. Good for Amir. He finally has a strike I can agree with!

No comments: