Tuesday, September 07, 2004

PARDON ME........

While I go quietly (not) insane. Ok, ok, so I'm not a geek, but I *can* follow directions......so why can't I get pictures to load onto the Yoffee Coffee site I'm trying so hard and patiently to build? I finally got them to work here, but the Tripod site builder will not work for me.
We have decided to take Yoffee Coffee to the net IF Ava agrees. They should. I found one other site in Israel selling coffee over the net and Ava is one of their suppliers, so there's no reason we shouldn't be able to as well. I checked hosting options here and as none of us has a credit card that works out side the country, we are pretty much stuck with the higher prices here. There is one major advantage to using a local server for our site and that is being able to pick up the phone any time to get advice. I'll be staying in today to try and figure out how to add pages to the site at Tripod. I like the way it's shaping up, and it looks better already than the other one I saw, if I do say so myself.
Yesterday I took some pictures for the site. Artsy fartsy, but pretty good. Thank G-d for digicams. I came home hot, hurting, and tired after taking the pics. I'm going to post them at the Y.C. blog here. Taking pictures in and of itself is not exactly hard work, but getting the stuff off the shelves and arranging it asthetically is tough on a gimp, and I just can't let anyone else do it. Being The Philmore's daughter means I can't stop until it's done. That means coming home and sitting here and letting the frustration level rise to dangerous levels.
I was nasty to Teadrinker when she called. Much as I love her and understand how hard it is for her, I *do* have a life and it was hard not to throw that at her. I just can't take the time to sit and listen to a minute by minute description of her day. When I finally couldn't take anymore, and she made a comment to the effect that I wasn't listening to her, it was all I could do to not say, "I have a life" In the end I said something a little less nasty, but not much, and we hung up. We'll probably end up going through the whole thing again today, but later. I'm not going out until 14:00 or so. Too much to catch up on here.
It looks like I'd better come to grips with not going to England. I have to pay for the flight and hotel by Thursday, and STL isn't going to pay by then. He thinks that if I tell him when it is he'll be able to futz around to the last minute but it doesn't work that way. Brian's e mail and the site are ready to go, and go they will.
It's time to get the dogs in, and go to Y.C. for an update there. I wish more readers both here and there would post comments, even if the ones here are along the lines of;"How can you stand yourself and your boring life?"

No comments: