Thursday, September 09, 2004

THE PESSIMISTS GOT TO THEM?


Richard just called and said that they are not taking the coffee shop internet, and that things are looking very bleak for them. They said many times before they opened that they know that it will take lots of time and patience to build anything in this town and that is true. So many people said so many negative things to them that I'm a bit concerned that the negativity got to them. It's too bad because when people talk like that, it's usually a sign that they are jealous and human nature being what it is, it hurts them to see someone try to bring a good idea to fruition.It seems they're even getting it from relatives, the very ones who should be pulling for them, but then, they are human beings who suffer from human nature as well. He did suggest that I take my internet idea to Ava on my own, but I don't want to do it on my own. I think I'll go in later when he's there on his own and suggest a few modifications to the whole idea. If what he's really worried about is people he once owed money to finding them through the net,I can take their names out of the site and the pics from the blog.Their name is just too good not to use and he just might go for it if they are screened from old creditors.It's easy enough to shield them if that's their problem.*Names can be changed to protect theinnocent* I'm just a bit sad that they've only given it a little over a month and gotten so discouraged.
Of course being involved with that took my mind off of the whole STL mess and kept my rage towards him from building up too much. It's way up there right now because today was the last day to pay for the tickets to England.*That* hurts. I might as well resign myself to the fact that he will never pay it off and figure out a painfull punishment, one that will hurt even more than the web site. These are the times I really miss Mark. He was so good at coming up with stuff like that! His plan for Chickotai was sheer genius. I'll just have to try to think like he did. Ah well,
On the up side, I learned a whole lot about website design. Not enough to be able to market it as a skill, but enough not to be afraid of it any more.

No comments: