Thursday, September 16, 2004

HAPPY NEW YEAR/NO MORE ABUSE

New Years are for resolutions, right? Here's mine. That's it. No more. I've had it. I will no longer play Irit's "Fix The Old Lady* game. If she can't accept the fact that I am the way I am, and am relatively happy with myself, she can just stay the hell away. Who does she think she is that she dare tell me how to behave and what to say. Today was the last straw. So they won't come tomorrow. That's just fine with me. I have more than enough to do without worrying about saying the wrong thing. And from now on, they can just come to my house. No more meeting someplace else. This is my home and if she thinks it's not good enough for Romi, that's just too bad. This is where I live and I have two dogs. Tough luck. They have rights too. Think I sound pissed off? I'm past that now. I spent most of the day thinking about it after our argument on the phone, and I decided that she can just take a flying leap at herself. If Guy's parents are willing to let her get away it, that's their problem. I'm not. Even if they decide to come tomorrow, they can just come here. I'll break my back cleaning and washing the floor, BUT I WILL NOT MEET them or GO SOMEPLACE ELSE WITH them. It's way past time that she learn that the world does not revolve around her. At least mine doesn't. She can be as insulting as she wants ands that's just fine, but say one word out of place and she turns into little Ms. Do It My Way, Or Else. Fine. She can do it her way without me. Her loss, not mine. I'll gain peace, quiet and be free from watching every word I say in case she doesn't approve. No English too. As far as I'm concerned they can move to the States next week. It's not like I see them regularly here, only if/when she feels like it and then it's because Guy insists. How he puts up with her, I don't know, nor do I want to.
Tomorrow I have to take the meat off the turkey carcass, wash and cut the veggies and do some design stuff that is all planned out in my head and I spent hours downloading the progs for that today. I won't be bored. I have to get the STL site looking better and ready to go on Sunday! His time is up.

Poor Bat Chen has had the worst few weeks imaginable and couldn't leave the house. The lock on her door broke and now she can't lock it from either side. She can't get it fixed until Sunday because the locksmiths charge rediculous prices to come out on a holiday. Can't say I blame her for deciding to wait. It's just too bad she couldn't get away for a few days. She needs the break and we have a good time together. Maybe she'll be sorted by next weekend and come then. Yom Kippur with her could be good.
I'm going to make another attempt at clearing off my desktop. It didn't work the way I hoped it would. Maybe this time?

No comments: