Tuesday, September 14, 2004

A DEN OF THIEVES AND LIARS

Striar the liar said he'd be sending $ 500 today. I think it's time tostart thinking about buying that bridge in Brooklyn, except, Fanny's(my cleaning lady) daughter stole my Cellcom cell phone and 200 shekels from my wallet. That also answered the question;"Who stole the 100 last week?" How do I know? On Friday, before I went to buy fags, I checked that I had the 200 in my wallet. I did. I paid for the fags with my Visa, and didn't spend any cash. I was home all day Saturday,and yesterday, so couldn't have spent it, and I was in all day today. Fanny's daughters came to help with the pantry at around 17:00. The cell phone was next to the bed where it had been all day and my wallet was in it's vest pocket.SFD (Sticky Fingered Daughter) was supposed to do the floor, but she just swung the dry floor cloth around and was in my room, watching TV or so I thought. The other one did 2 shelves in the pantry, then they left. I started getting dressed to go out and noticed that my wallet was standing up in it's pocket. I took it out to see if the money was still there. It wasn't and when I went to the phone to call Fannt saw that the cell phone was gone too. Fanny went ballistic. Daughter #2 showed up with phone and a story of where she found it. I finished getting dressed and stopped in at Fanny's. She gave me the 200 and I went to get fags, then to see if my turkey was in; he'll have it Weds. morning, the other shopping center to find out how much if any damage was done to cell phone bill. At least 10 calls. On my way home I stopped in at Fanny's again. When I told Fanny that I had a list of the numbers called, Daughter #2 said that she'd made the calls because she found the phone outside. I'm beginning to think the 2 of them were in it together. SFD nicked the first 100, nothing happened, and decided that I don't know what I have and where I keep it, and tried again. This time she got caught. Fanny is out of her mind over this. Poor thing. When #2 admitted to making the calls, I told her that it was not good that she waited until I arrived with the numbers. She should have told me when she brought it back. She's much too contrite, and eager to make it up, leading me to suspect her complicity in the whole thing. At least I have the phone and money back. It sucks that Fanny has to deal with this on top of every thing else.
Tomorrow I'll go find out exactly how much she ran up on the phone. I'll take care of STL later. Ain't life fun?

No comments: