Thursday, September 09, 2004

THEY DON'T GET IT.

Who doesn't get it? "They" of "Them" infamy. All those shadowy, mysterious, nebulous,curious ubiquitous annonymous, self appointed, annointed third person types who think 'they' know it all, but in reality, know nothing. You know; *them* Those self same *thems* we all knew who they were back in the '70s, a century ago. Actually, some of the updated *today, modern day thems* as well.
Last month when Achy took me to the dress rehearsal at Kfar Blum, I fell in love with the white French Provincial grand piano, and even though I can't play so much as half a note on anything, and live in an apartment that is smaller than the average postage stamp, I decided that I want it. So far so good? You with me? If that's not enough, I've fallen in love with a BBC Prime prog which in itself should tell you something considering my antipathy towards the Beeb. It's called Escape To The Country and the presenters try to find to match city folk who want to move to the country with their dream country estate. Being a nutter about houses, this is the show for me. My big thing has always been old houses, and kitchens are my favorite rooms. This show has me hooked on Agas. After reading gazillions of books that mention Agas, I finally know what they are. I mentioned to Teadrinker that I want an Aga and she scoffed at the very thought, and in a most dismissive manner told me they don't make them in purple and anyway Gimp House is too small. I told her in my most serious voice that I don't care how big Agas are (they do make them in purple, I checked!) I'm going to get one as soon as I find a spot for the French Provincial piano! Poor Teadrinker took me seriously and that's what got me going. I finally figured out that she took me at my word because I rarely don't get what I want.......she kind of didn't get the part about this thing with the piano and Aga is like the Ice Berg Expeditions. The fact that there have never been, nor is it likely there ever will be ice bergs in the Med has never stopped me from going on an expedition to look for them! I never really had to explain that one to her, but she missed the point that the piano and Aga are exactly the same. A quirky hook to hang my fantasy dreams from in my head! I know that I'll never see an ice berg in the Med or have a place to put a grand piano, never mind an Aga, but I can go on cruises to look for nonexistant icebergs, AND plan a Gimp House with that white French Provincial grand piano and a purple Aga! There's a law against fantasizing and teasing people with my fantasies? If they want to think I've lost it, that's their problem. I'm having fun and it hurts no one! It's just me!
Every time they go into a kitchen on that show I start sqeaking Aga and have a whole discussion with Ragamuffin about that kitchen and Agas! Raggy just looks saddly back at me. She gets it. If the Westie who would be stupid if she had a brain can get it, why can't smart people?
Mara told me today that they love what I've done with the web site, especially what I've written there. They both like the text. I think I'll add a link to there here even though it's not even close to finished, in case any one wants a look-see! In fact, I think I'll add it here so I don't have to mess around too much at 01:00.
http://ilana110.tripod.com/

I'll add the link to the page over the week end, but for now, that's the link to the Yoffee Coffee website. Comments are welcome.


No comments: