Wednesday, September 15, 2004

HOLIDAY SHOPING SUCKS!

If you think Christmas shopping in NYC is bad, try going shopping before a major holiday here! Especially on the same day Netvision yet again woke me up in the middle of the night! I was up until 03:00 and the twit called at 10:15. I bet her ears are still sore from the earfull she got! After being so rudely awakened, I phutzed around the house, did my computer reading, then went to look for the things Irit wanted for Romi. They were nowhere to be found, so I came home, then when Teadrinker called, I told her about the 25" TV for 990 sheks, and told her to buy one. She started with her usual um, er,I, um, er. It took a while but, I finally convinced her, and not trusting her to make the phone call herself, went in to the shop(it's a nation wide chain) that has that special offer and told the guy to call her NOW! He did, she bought it and will get it next week. She keeps calling me and cursing me and calling me a BITCH for making her spend money. I just cackle in reply! I'm going to buy one myself at the end of the month when my credit card clears. It's too good a price not to buy one!
On the way home I stopped in at Fanny's for a little visit. Then home, then at 21:55 I headed out for the grocery shop-the one that stays open until 23:00 before holidays. I got there and the place was almost deserted, except for a bunch of freaking Russians with their genetic accidents. When I got there, the kid sitting outside with guard asked the guard if and why I'm allowed to go in on Harley. I gave him my 'evil eye' and said that people who can't walk go shopping on these! He had the sense to look properly abashed. Got everything I need for the long weekend holiday, all that's left is to get the turkey and frozen onions tomorrow morning and I'm all set! Bat Chen still doesn't if she's coming or not. Truth to tell, I don't much care. I'd just as soon be alone. The kids are coming up with Romi on Friday. It's about time and I think I have Guy to thank for that. I'll take tons of pictures! I got some designer chocolates for Irit. Ferrero Rocher and I'll think of something for Guy tomorrow! Romi, I already know what to get for her, but as there are none in town, she'll have to wait.

No comments: