Wednesday, September 15, 2004

K.S. KOPS

You might think K.S. stands for Key Stone, but it actually stands for Kiryat Shemonah. our benevolent police outdid themselves this morning.
I woke up in a panic at 10:15, thought "turkey", threw on a caftan, took the dogs for a quick walk, and after bringing them in, headed for town to get the turkey. Pre coffee even. Traffic was backed up to my street from the traffic circle at the intersection with the main street. I did my up on the side walk trick and couldn't believe my eyes. Kiryat Shemonah's finest were holding up traffic from all 4 directions to hand out flowers! There were 3 Vespas and 2 cop cars parked in the middle of the circle and several cops armed with bunches of flowers in each lane leading into the roundabout! They were stopping every single car to give out the flowers. I just zipped around the circle as it was pretty much at a stand still. This on the eve of our New Year when the shops close early. I got the turkey and decided to take him home, then go back for the papers, did my zip round the circle trick and got home quickly considering that traffic was by now backed up even more. Put the turkey away and charged off again to get the papers. Still no coffee, but the the traffic jam was even worse. Again escaped flowerless, got the papers and home to a nice coffee or two. While the K.S. Kops were handing out flowers, every single handicapped parking space I went by was occupied by a car without a disabled parking card. EVERY SINGLE ONE. And the cops were handing out flowers instead of tickets. Only here could that happen! Coffeeless and in a hurry, I didn't bother to stop and take any pictures of the insanity. My chick is stuffed and in the oven. What a great smell. As it's a holiday, the TV schedule is all messed up. I think I'll watch Fox and enjoy the Rathergate stuff and read the local papers. Not much news in them, lots of ads though. Actually there is an ok movie on later. I'm tired enough so that maybe this won't be another late night.

No comments: