Friday, September 03, 2004

HURRICANE FRANCES

Irit thought it would be cute to yell at me for not telling her I was on my way to visit her grandfather......in my hurricane personna! I played along, then called The Philmore to see how he's handling it. At 82 he's not doing too badly, but isn't as swift on the uptake as he used to be. Only to be expected at his age, I suppose. He and Marcelle are staying home, and plan to sit out the worst of it in the bathroom. He did recall that my preferred place to sit it out would be the roof. We reminisced a bit about the 2 hurricanes we had in Maine ages ago that I actually remember! He does too. He was ok with my name change too, as it's actually closer to what it was intended to be! I love storms and can't wait for winter which isn't too far away now. There's a sort of Fall feeling to the air now, not that we have definitive seasons here.......but it is cooler at night and the edge is off the heat in the day.
Aurelia called a little after 22:00 and wanted to know if it was too late to pop in for a visit. As I haven't seen her in ages, I said, "Come on over!" We sat in the *liberrry* which she loved. I told The Philmore about the bookcase and he sounded proud of his gimp daughter for building it all by herself. Go Gimp! I think I'll start on the annex shelves tomorrow in there. I can get the shelves on Sunday, but in order to know exactly how many I need, I'll have to take the 'too high' shelves off and move the books that will go on the annex. Not too much work and just right for tomorrow.
I started a blog here for Mara and Richard's Yoffee Coffee shop, but I can't figure out how to take my profile off and put theirs on. I'm also going to have play with that pic posting site again, I want their pics there. Ah, well, I can always kick it out if it doesn't behave! I WAS RIGHT! The *other* newspaper had a blurb about the coffee shop this week and I didn't even have to go in there! Richard was thrilled. I'm dying to hear what he says about what I posted at *his* blog!

No comments: