Saturday, September 04, 2004

HARRY AND LOUISE ABELON MEMORIAL *LIBERRY*


One of these years I'll figure out how to get the picture with right post, but that won't be today. I've spent 3 hours here messing around with the pictures and at long last, have pretty much figured it out. Above is a view of the *liberry* from my computer chair with the blast door open. These boks are among the safest in the world. The room was built over the Africa Syria earthquake fault which runs directly under the room and is the reason the support columns were dug two meters deeper than originally planned! The walls and ceiling are made of 30-40cm thick steel reinforced concrete and are supposed to withstand a direct hit by missiles. The a/c is also an air filtration system and the window and door are blast resistant. There are blast shutters on the window that close when needed.

One day I'll turn the journal I kept of the building process into a website. The contractor wants a translation into Hebrew, but he's not getting it until a few things are finished. On second thought, I could post it as a site and tell him to get it translated himself!

I guess it's time to go and post at Yoffee Coffee, and ask Richard and Mara what they think of it. Then get started on the bookcase annex!


The Harry and Louise Abelon *Liberry* Posted by Hello

No comments: