Saturday, September 18, 2004

DIRTY DANCING

I was watching a movie called Black Dog and for some reason it got me to thinking that it's been way too long since I've seen Dirty Dancing. Only at the end did I realize why my brain connected between the two....Patrick Swayze was in it. So.......thinking Dirty Dancing, I went through the channels and THERE IT WAS ON ISRAEL 2! That was a bit weird even for me! Just think I want to see a movie and THERE IT IS!? Go figure. It's usually on one of the cable stations and shown a few times a day. When I find it there, I have it on, to listen even if I don't watch. Having the same first name as Baby has nothing to do with it! There, that's better, got Time Of my Life on now. So what if I can't hear the news. I can chair dance. Woooooo!
I think I just might have figured out why I have such a compulsion to watch that movie EVERY TIME it's on. Yeah, the fact that I love the music is part of it, but an even larger part is the same reason I watch figure skating in spite of the fact that I can't do that any more. I can still feel it inside. I'm not quite sure how this can be explained; but, everytime I watch Worlds or Europeans, I can feel every move they make inside. I know I can feel it because once upon a time I could *do* it. It's the same with Dirty Dancing. I can feel the dances while they are doing them. In fact, my upper body dances along with them. It might be hard to believe looking at me today, but anyone who knew me in '85/6 when I was 64 K. (multiply by 2.2 for lbs.) will have no trouble picturing it. Ahhhhh for the good old days. It's just not the same in a wheelchair. The up side is that my upper body still works ok, so I can half dance. I've got to get that movie on CD. This monitor is bigger than my last three TVs so it should be ok watching it here and dancing along on this chair will be ok too.
Of course I tried to dance standing up, but almost passed out from the pain....so I don't think I'll be doing that again any time soon.

No comments: