Saturday, May 29, 2004

What I keep forgetting

Braindamage is winning. I keep forgetting that I want to stick this in here someplace. [sigh] Just about everything I've ever had an irrational aversion to has turned out to be exactly what I needed, or ended up really liking.
Growing up I never wanted to hear about Israel, but then one day, I decided I had to go there and did, an in so doing found my place in this world. On this first trip my aversion to anything British was strengthened by that twit of a clerk who tried to tell me I couldn't continue because I only had $50. I reminded her that the mandate ended long ago and it was none of her/Britain's business if I went there or not. Adding that to the no tea policy at home due to ancestral participation in The Tea Party and it was the end of any tolerance left for the Brits. The second and last time I came home with kids, it was suggested that I go to Qiryat Shemonah. Everything screamed no and we ended up in Nazareth Elite for 10 years. THEN, I was sent here to teach English for 1 year, fell in love with the place and moved here lock stock and barrel the day after school let out and still wonder why I was so stupidly stubborn before. I LOVE THIS PLACE. My aversion to Britain was cured when I decided to go to the 20th anniversary of the A Team, which was supposed to be held in Bournemouth. Karen from Florida answered my SOS post. Save Our Susie and we decided to split the cost of taking Susie to the con. The con was cancelled at the last minute but we decided to go anyway and see London and meet up with the others who came over anyway for a noncon in Bournemouth. Do I have to say that I'm not only over my aversion, but in love with Teadrinkerland? And even went back again? And am planning another trip. Now, I really should invest some time in figuring this out.

No comments: