Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Strange Mood

I've been in the strangest bad mood all day. I think I need an ice berg expedition again this year. A week of just floating around the Med and looking for ice bergs sounds like heaven right now, but it looks like my beloved Olympia isn't around this summer. I think I'll ask my travel agent to check. I do so love that ship and the crew. No TV, radio or newspapers, just water, gentle movement, and quiet. Just what I need. A week of quiet with myself and a couple of good books and some blank paper.
The insanity of the terrorist crap is really getting to me. Why can't everyone see it? It's not new, They've been trying to take over the west for ages. Remember the moor's? Same gang in somewhat updated dress. Those Islamists are a bad lot. Of course it's all Bush's fault for not giving them what they wanted. If it's anyone's fault, it's Clinton's for not dealing with them when he should and could have. Instead he tried to be nice to them. Then there's the whole US immigration mess. Why oh why don't they realize that they have every right to control immigration? It's not like it was 100 years ago when there was still lots of open land and new blood was still needed and the new immigrants wanted nothing more than for their children to become real Americans. There was no bend over backwards to let new people keep their old culture. It was taken for granted and expected that they would become Americans. Things are too insane and I'm just getting myself sick thinking about these things all the time, and they won't go away. Ok, I'll shut up now, get into bed and try to ignore the talking heads on Fox.

No comments: