Sunday, May 23, 2004

Sad sad day

Today has not been a good day. It can never be a good day when you find out that someone you admire has died, and most likely from something you yourself survived for no logical reason.
As usual on Sunday mornings I woke up at 05:45 to tune into Dark Matters. I was excited because it would be Dwight's first show in two weeks. I really missed his passion. He started by saying that he'd heard that Richard Biggs had died, most likely from an aneurysm or massive stroke. I zoned out and don't remember much of what the show was about. I'd never even heard of Richard Biggs until I went to the Star Fleet Ball in Bournemouth England. I went for one reason and reason only; to see Dwight. I had absolutely no idea who the other guest were. I lost my head over Jason Carter and drove poor Jipster wild going on about *The Other One*....Jason. It's a good thing I hit the loo before we went downstairs to get our front row places for Biggs and Carter who were on just before Dwight. I couldn't stop laughing, they were so funny. I took more pictures of them that I did of Dwight.
After DM I searched the www, but couldn't find confirmation until I found it at Jason's site. That's when the tears started. It's so sad when such a funny warm talented person suddenly just isn't there any more. I ache for his family, friends, Jason and fans. Also for all the things he will miss. What a tragedy. I know what losing a best friend is. I still miss Peter and can not forgive myself for not calling on time even though I know he forgave me. Of course the big difference is that Peter took his own life whereas Richard seemed very much the live every moment type. Not that it makes either loss any less sad. I just couldn't get myself in gear, so, got next to nothing done today. I do have a nice purple frame that I'm going to put the page from the con program in. Both Richard and Jason are on the same page. I like the idea that they will be together there. They were so good together, why separate them now?

No comments: