Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Bah Humbug, MEN!

I am completely disgusted with those moronic males who think that I, and other women have nothing better to do than run when they want to IM. It is also infuriating that they can't be bothered to put even minimum information in their profile. Their arrogance is breathtaking. Thank God for ignore. It's real simple. Give the minimum info, location in general terms, age and status. If you don't respect the people you want to IM with enough to give that info, just stay in your hole. I don't have time for you. If you have at least some info on your profile, you have a chance of getting a polite answer, if not, don't bother me. I think I'll go back and revise my profile yet again. That irritates me almost as much as those arrogant supercilious men who actually have had the nerve to try the "you don't know what you are missing" line while saying, in effect, "I'm doing you a favor"! Moving right along to the answer to the big question......If I don't perceive a man as being at the very least as an intellectual challenge, he'd best give up. Not that I'm so smart, but, I lose interest real fast if *he* can't keep up or even more importantly, challenge me to keep up! I've only met five men who got past that. Two of them had me scrambling to keep and that was great. Unfortunately they are both dead, and the 3rd is married to a good friend of mine, and he's a lot younger!The other 2 are married actors. That there above stuff is the main requirement, the rest is in the 'it would be nice category and I'm not going into that list now!Except for the number two requirement......must never ever try to control me in any way. Freedom and independance are at least as important as #1!
That should pretty much explain why I'm still on my own and happily so!
If only Teadrinker were a man! We are each of us challenges intellectually for the other and we always know what the other is getting at, and create much hilarity, but.....she's one of only 2 female friends who can do that. Alice being the other, and I've known Alice for 50 years! And NO, I am not lonely. I have more than enough going on! There's big demonstration coming up for the Kibbutz Disabled who are in dire straights, or more accurately deep shit. Benny and Ruth have both informed me that'd damn well better be there. They want people who can talk in soundbytes for the press! I'll be there. Cheers for now! Laters

No comments: