Monday, May 24, 2004

That Other Place WARNING-CONTROVERSIAL RELIGIOUS CONTENT

This is one of those read at your own risk posts. My views only and no offense meant to anyone who holds different beliefs. If I sound a bit condescending, it's just the mood I'm in. Fell free to have a go at me! Yeah, so I think I'm right, so what? I'm perfectly willing to wait a very long time to find out.
Wasn't that just the pits? While trying to help Rivka register for that other Live Journal site, I found myself registered there too. Talk about infuriating and frustrating. I left a nasty post there in Hebrew and have no plans to go back there. Can't even get to the composition page without a lot of hassle and worst of all, no purple! I found purple there but like with the rest of that crap place, it didn't work. Val and Fingers seem very happy there, but I'm out of there except to keep up with their adventures!
Mara paid up their internet without a whimper so, I'm ok for fags until the visa frees up or Striar the liar pays up. I have more than enough groceries and there's always Freja if things get tight. As far as I could figure, I was maxed out before I tried for the fax copier, etc etc. If so, I'll try again next week. AND take the time to search out an HP one.
Terry told me to read The Da Vinci Code when they were here, and I did. It sure has kicked up some dust over at DM. I didn't post there about it because I'd most likely be banned for life. If any DMers read it here, there's not a lot they can do except as individuals never speak to me again. Christians have argued these points and said that to their minds Brown got it all wrong and that his research was sloppy, and that's entirely their right. That just shows that they don't know much about that time or that they refuse to even consider that such a widespread belief system could be so wrong. I have always maintained that Jesus was no more than a nice Jewish lad who was pissed off at the hanky panky going on in the Temple while masquerading as arbitrators of the Jewish faith as practiced at that time and all Jesus wanted was to get Judaism back on it's proper path.[This much is historically accepted fact] It never entered my head that as a nice Jewish lad of those times he would have been married. Of course he would have been married and who better for a wife than Mary M? When things went South and his preaching got him killed, his band of merry men had no success in carrying on in this area because everyone knew what, and who Jesus had been. It is very logical to me that the apostles had to change things around to get the message across and when that didn't work here, they left for greener pastures and found converts to their distorted version of what Jesus really was all about. I have pictures of him spinning in his grave at all the atrocities committed in his name. It also struck me today that one of the reasons that Islam is making so much progress in the West might be because to those who can believe the virgin birth, son of God, and all the other oddities of Christianity, it really isn't that much different to buying the Islamist stuff. If you can have a virgin birth, why not virgins waiting in paradise for Islamic martyrs? It's just replacing one set of improbable beliefs for another and the mussies know that. Look how easily they've rewritten history, and gotten the Europeans to fall in with those fantasies? Having gotten that off my chest, I think I'll go hide in bed with a bowl of nice cold melon and some tabouli.That's one thing the ragheads got right- - tabouli!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Franne,
Yes and being a Christian (more interdemonintial then anything) I have tendecey to agree with you there. And no I am not mad at you for stating that. You were writing from the heart and that's being very honest.
Too bad we can't go back into those times and really find out what had REALLY Happend (sorry for shouting, trying to emphaisis here)in those times of Jesus as well. I just wish the people in this world would just listen to each other have a true heart to heart talk and striaghten this out. don't you?
It's bad enough when you have a group (hate group Anti-Gay) from Kansas that sits there and protests those (Methodists for a example) that take in the Gay's and Lesibans to other church homes and accept them for what they are. Frankly I wish that group from Kansas would just go home and keep to themselves. They are as closed minded as anybody else.
Flash a note to me when you can ok?
Take care
Ginger :)