Sunday, December 02, 2007

STORMY WEATHER

For once the storm is outside, and not me on the rampage in Gimp House! I managed to get the dishes washed yesterday but simply could not face doing the floor. That's just way too much to even comtemplate even with the wheely! But at least the dishes and stuff are washed the way I like and put back in their proper places. The floor and the grot on them aren't going anywhere and will be there when I feel up to it, sometime next century.
The rain started very late last night and there was a bit of lightning and thunder. Just enough to send Peg into the space between my wardrobe and bed. Poor baby handles katyushas better than he does thunder. I love storms and was thrilled to still be awake for the one last night. The local radar thingy says there will be rain on and off all day. I got a sudden case of smarts and covered the sensitive parts of New Harley Too with huge garbage bags so maybe he'll be ok to go out alittle later. I have to get this months meds at the pharmacy and go grocery shopping as we are out of lots of stuff.
Dem Der is in grave danger of losing his life. I've been stock piling tuna in water and had 10 or 12 cans in the cupboard. He always says that he prefers tuna in oil and that he has a supply in a box under the counter. Yeah? So why is there now only one can left in the cupboard? I detest tuna in oil, so it's not exactly a fair trade and I'll have to start the stock pile again. At least he hasn't messed with my sardines in olive oil. That could have been ugly as they are very expensive. Maybe I'll just let it go and look at the trouble he's having with his feet as devine retribution for the tuna. He really is having a bad time with that and it seems to have spread to his other foot now, making him more useless than usual. He was so proud that he filled Peg's water dish this morning that I decided not to yell even though he about it before I had my coffee. It's pissing rain out and he filled the water dish. Peg can't go out to his usual spot as it's a mud hole and I can't be sure when I'll be dressed and ready to take him out with NHT. Poor Peg makes heroic efforts not to pee in the house when it's raining but he can only hold it for so long.
Why is it that when men try to be helpful they get it all wrong? Yes, Gracie, I do know it's the Y factor, but I feel like whinging about it.
The rain has let up a little so, I'll just go and make up a shopping list, get dressed and take a shot at going out with Peg, then shopping. I'll make do with my rain poncho and leave the snow suit for a colder rainier day. It's such a hassle to get into.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had some rain yesterday morning but nothing serious... Are you expecting snow anytime soon? I mean if we won't all die from the upcoming earthquake.

Purplegimp said...

We had rain most of Saturday night but only a few sprinkles early in the morning. It's gray, cloudy and cold here today and snow is expected on the Hermon Wed and Thues.
Earthquake? What earthquake? You mean the one no one knows when or even if it's going to come? For the life of me I can not understand why so many people worry about something they have absolutely no control over. If it happens, it happens and if you survive, give thanks to the g-d of your choice. If you don't, it won't much matter any more, will it? Same thing with Katyushas. If you heard it, you're fine, or will be, if not, you won't really care. So why waste precious time worrying about it.