Thursday, December 06, 2007

AH, YES

Hah! Ok, so I did get a late start today, but I also managed to get out, swing through town, and get home just as the rain started. It's supposed to storm for the next few days and I might only go out tomorrow for the local papers.
Dem Der has gone to Afula for a glow in the dark test. He's convinced himself that he has colon cancer. He might well have it, but, for crying out loud, why can't he just get himself a proper diagnosis rather than having tests that are only partially conclusive done? One day he announces that he doesn't plan to get it treated if he does have it. The next day, he says that it will depend on where it is. I do wish he would just take a page out of my book and wait until the results are in rather than making idiot proclomations before even half of the tests are done. If the cancer he might or might not have doesn't kill him, I just might. He'll be back later today, and I must say that I've quite enjoyed having Gimp House to myself since he went to Safad on Tuesday. Just mention him...and he calls. He's all ftutzed that the nurse who gave him the glow in the dark stuff to drink kind of didn't exactly know just what the stuff is. Hells bells what does he expect from a nurse in a coutry where they call a chest cold angina? And yesterday he had a run in with the doctor who had to approve the test that a CT is not a diagnosic test. If it's not diagnostic, what is it? Granted it's not a definitive test for what he thinks he has. His favorite idiot doctor story is when one of the new immigrant doctors from Russia wanted to know where the scar was from the kidney transplant on the other side or did they do both from the same incision? Yeah right. Thankfully things like that don't happen very often.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Franne :)

עד מאה ועשרים

Purplegimp said...

Thanks, Din. That makes me 51 for the 6th time!
And thankful for single day of all those years.