Saturday, December 22, 2007

MORE OF THE SAME

Nothing much has been going on over the last few days. I stayed in except to take my pressure sore to the clinic. It's not getting better, but a proper doctor will be there on Monday. The idiot doctor wandered in while the nurse and I were discussing what to do, looked at it and said "hmmm, pressure sore" to which I very quietly replied "That's one you got right" No way was I going to let him in on the discussion even though he did manage to get it right. I can wait for the real doctor. The poor nurse was most distressed that I wouldn't even let the surgeon who was there look at it. I told her to just put another patch of the same stuff back on it, and I'd come back on Monday.
Something very strange is going on with one of cell phone companies. I 'killed' one of the phones from that company (Orna's) but it somehow came back to life. I am less than pleased but look forward to the visit there tomorrow. And Orna didn't get the money to me on time for her daughter's phone, so that one will die tomorrow as well, and I will make 100% sure it's dead. Enough is enough already.
Poor Dem Der. He was granted permission for a housing authority flat or a hostel. He does not want a hostel as he is more than capable of living on his own. When he went to the housing authority to see about the flat they told him that his name had been removed from the list and added to the hotel list. Many phone calls later he was told that he'd be back on the flat list on Sunday. If he is, we'll be able to start looking at flats for him soon. This might sound mean, but I can't wait for him to leave. It's not that he's such a bother, I just want my house back. He's actually been pretty good in the kitchen and the tiles are still visible, but he does make a lot of noise, and is probably deaf too. It's rediculous that I can hear the TV in his room with the door partly closed over my TV. And he oy vays whenever he walks. Ok, yeah, his feet still hurt, but, really. Even I don't groan as much with the right leg pain, or didn't before the shot. So call me a mean old bitch, but it does get tiring after a while. Every single step he takes is accompanied by an oy vey. Oh, well, it's not forever. Maybe just another month or so, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I just hope it's not a train!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, more time with dem der. Lucky you. I hope he gets a flat soon so you can have your place back to yourself.

Boy can I relate to the TV thing. I put ear plugs in one night while my dem der had the TV blasting when we went to bed. He told me i was crazy. Right. Far better for his self esteem to believe I'm crazy than think he has hearing problems.

Purplegimp said...

Well, it is only for a little longer and then, I'll have my beloved quiet Gimp House back.
Looks like we'll have to add the loud TV gene to te others we've already discovered on the Y chromosome!