Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Manic Mainiac

If laughter is any indication, I should be well on the way to being cured of all my post stroke, post MI, and wear and tear issues. Just about everything gets me laughing these days, and I quite like it.There is the fact that I got the floor here relatively clean with only minor discomfort, as well as Dem Der coming through with a whole carton of my favorite fags. Well done, Dem Der! He got in fairly late last night and has already taken himself back to Safad to be with his sick pal who needs a series of the same tests Dem Der needs, so the floor will stay in it's nice new cleanish state for a few more days. He's not coming back tonight.
There is one dark cloud, though. After all these months of getting payments for other people off my account, the bill came in for my mail cell phone. I let Orna's daughter put her phone on my account, which was just fine as long as her bills were under 200. Even the last one at 264 was ok, but this one came in at 580 which is more than ALL my phone bills together, and I have phones. Boy, do I have phones! And I use them when I feel like it. Two lines from different companies in the house, 2 in the car, and 6 other cell phones, 4 of which are mine, 2, that are not in my possesion but that I have to keep paying the monthly charge for, and all that together came to much less than that one cell phone bill. I told her about it last night and she asked to pay it in 2 payments. Sorry, just can't do and the bank will not pay it this month. I'm just on the edge and if the payment bounces her daughter's line goes first. I also told her that it must come off my bill. That is just about the only bill that I never ever had not paid on time. Ever. Not even during other bad financial times. That cell phone bill was ALWAYS paid on time. That is one thing that I am not finding amusing in the least. I am somewhat hopeful that she will get the amount needed to pay it in time as that phone is very important to them now that she's in the Army. And I was quite clear about it. And she knows I'll cut it off because I cut off the one I gave her so we'd be able to be in touch as and when I needed her. Her last bill on that phone was way over the top too. Oh, well, all I have to pay on it now is the charge for the phone itself which isn't much.
I've also managed to get myself another pressure sore on my left ankle from that free fall incident last week. The doc put some kind of patch thing on that has to stay on for 3 days. It did work the last time, so maybe it will work this time too. It's already been 2 full days and it still hurts, so I do have my doubts. I'll get it checked tomorrow and we'll go from there. I guess the moral from that is to stop free falling.
Our intrepid weather people are forcasting a big storm that's supposed to start later today. It's supposed to get very cold and might even snow. I fully intend to enjoy ever minute of this incoming storm, but first I have to go out and get a few things.

No comments: