Friday, December 07, 2007

SUNDAY CAN'T GET HERE SOON ENOUGH FOR ME

I haven't felt so charged up for battle since I can't remember when! The weekend after Dem Der got moved in, I decided to allow him to sign me up for 2 free weeks of the English language newspaper, The Jerusalem Post, aka The Putz and/or the G(i)P. Free;two weeks; home delivery. We are now heading into the 4 th week and the delivery idiot still hasn't found Gimp House. One day last week someone in the subscription department called to be sure I'm getting the free deliveries and talk me into buying 4 more months at the price of the weekend edition only. I agreed only because it was a good deal. They haven't been able to deliver even one of the free papers, but at least they did call every other day or so to find out if the paper had arrived. They stopped calling when I agreed to the new deal. I am going to have so much fun with them on Sunday it's almost sinful.
The other fun phone call will be to the Harley place. I went into town this morning all bundled up and under the rain poncho because it was raining. I was on the last leg towards home, having just gotten a couple of tiny bags of M&Ms as a birthday present to myself, when all of a sudden New Harley Too stopped dead in his tracks. We created quite a traffic jam on that street before a couple of guys figured out that maybe there was a problem. 3 of them got out of their cars and came over to offer suggestions. When they figured out that I actually knew what was wrong, and that there was nothing to do except move NHT out the way, one of them helped me stand while the other 2 moved NHT over to the curb and #1 helped me walk back over. Knowing that Afikim, the Harley place doesn't work on Fridays, I called Motty, my son's father in law who said that he just had a little something to finish and he'd be right along. An hour later, and just as I had taken out the cell phone to ask Motty how much longer, a neighbor from my building came along. We managed to get NHT rolling by playing with a lever that is somehow related to the electronic brake and he pushed me home. I had no sooner gotten in the house and plunked myself down on the bed, found Motty's number and was ready to dial it, when Motty called to say he'd be right along. I thanked him profusely after telling him that NHT and I were already home. He really is the nicest guy.
So, the 'Putz' aka The GiP will be getting a very deadly nasty phone call on Sunday as will Afikim. At least now I know where NHT's problem is. In spite of my aversion to making phone calls, I am going to enjoy those two ever so much!

No comments: