Thursday, December 27, 2007

INSTALL A TAP?

What with all the blood tests I've been having lately, I'm thinking about having a permanent tap put in my arm. They want a whole list new tests before the rotorooter, including HIV. I found that to be hysterically funny in light of the fact that I have never shot up drugs, never mind with a previosly used needle, never ever had a blood transfusion, and I've been celibate for longer than I ca remember. If they want that test they can have it. I did have a bit of giggle over my orthdoc calling the stuff he shot me with a cocktail. But the really annoying thing about it is that the nurse who drew the blood today is so good that I won't even have a purple bruise there.
There was a kid there needing blood drawn and she was making such a fuss about it that I finally said something to effect that if she didn't knock it off and let the nurse take the blood, I'd make the needle uneccessary. That was the end of the fussing. So, by now my blood is on it's way to be tested for all kinds of vile things, I've run all the errands I had to run today, and I'm home.
Who says old dogs can't learn new tricks? They can, oh, can they ever. Pegasus has learned how to undo the clip on his in the house chain. He did it twice yesterday and I was sitting right here where I can see him. The first time I just put it back on, but the second time I took a good hard look at the connectors and they look just fine. I have no idea how he manages to undo it, but I am keeping a sharp eye on him. He didn't even wander from his usual turf, not even to check out Dem Der's room which still looks like a bomb went off in there. After all the noise about the state of the kitchen floor, *I* went and made a huge mess on it yesterday. Isn't that just the way? I did get most of it cleaned up, and will get around to giving it a proper wash at some time in the distant future. Now, I am going back to bed to read, watch TV and pamper my pressure sore which they say is getting better and is supposed to hurt more the better it gets. Why does that sound right to me? At least I managed to figure out a way to elevate it so it's not resting on the bed. I'm pretty good with pillows if I do say so myself. The anti pressure sore air mattress isn't doing it's job. Could be because it has so many leaks in it? I'll have to get another one soon. But for now, the pillow pyramid is working just fine.

No comments: